I Will Not Give Up
- I have so much love. Jesus loved me so much that he wept and bled in that garden, and his body was broken and ripped apart and hung so that I could be free. God loved me so much that he sentenced his son to that so that I could live and feel his love.
- He doesn’t give us more than we can handle.
- He has never left me alone, and never will. He is always near me, waiting on me to call on him.
- I need to be strong, and be an example to others who are seeking Christ and the love he offers. I need to show people that it is possible to overcome even the darkest of circumstances with his power alone. He pulled me out of the darkest pit, and he is willing to do it as many times as it takes.
- I am surrounded by friends and family who love me and want to see me overcome my fears and obstacles, to His glory. They would do anything for me that I needed. I can never forget that.
- God has given me gifts and talents, some that I may not even be aware of yet, that will equip me to serve him and help others find him.
- Knowing all that I know, I should have significant amounts of hope…hope of a bright future, hope that he will see me through anything, hope that he will mold me and use me for his works, hope that I will never be alone, and that one day I will be in a place where there will be no pain, and I will tirelessly worship the King forever.
- If I were to give up, it may become a stumbling block in other’s faiths…hopelessness can be contagious. I can’t give up.
He is always with me. I must cling so tight to him that nothing can come between us; not guilt, depression, panic, fear, sadness, hopelessness, physical pain, loneliness, nor temptation. Nothing can separate me from the love of my Savior. He wants nothing more than to see me choose to believe his truth over Satan’s lies. And, most importantly, he knows without a doubt that I can do this. He is waiting on me with open arms to call on him.
Lacey Snyder – August 23rd, 2009